Search This Blog

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Pics or it Didn't Happen

So goddamn much beauty on my walk this morning. This is the first sunrise without oppressive cloud cover, rain, drizzle and/or thunderstorms, since last week. Yes, yez, we need the rain but I was still thrilled to see Sol again.

Now I have that awesome, soothing, George Harrison penned Beatles song in my head:

Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's alright

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes


There's always a story. It's all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything's got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
~ Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky

What breaks in daybreak? Is it the night? Is it the sun, cracked in two by the horizon like an egg, spilling out light?
~ Margaret Atwood


And this song just dropped. This is gonna make me look wicked plebeian BUT, I was never a big Doors fan. Sure, I turned up the radio when the DJ spun them up but I never bought one of their 45s let alone an album.

I know, I know, I am SUCH a philistine!

You know the day destroys the night
Night divides the day
Tried to run
Tried to hide
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment