Search This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2023

Ride It

It’s been a stormy week. The weather—not necessarily me.

There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm.
~ Willa Cather

The way you write ronin is 浪人 with the character for wave and the character for person, which is pretty much how I feel, like a little wave person, floating around on the stormy sea of life.
~ Ruth Ozeki, A Tale for the Time Being

Look for me in the whirlwind or the storm.
~ Marcus Garvey

Like all of us in this storm between birth and death, I can wreak no great changes on the world, only small changes for the better, I hope, in the lives of those I love.
~ Dean Koontz

You can learn to prevent a storm, or you can learn to ride the storm. If you learn to ride the storm, the storm is not a problem anymore.
~ Jaggi Vasudev

It is not light that we need, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder. We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake.
~ Frederick Douglass

Riders on the Storm ~ The Doors

No comments:

Post a Comment