Search This Blog

Friday, September 15, 2023

We're in for nasty weather...

 Got a couple songs in my head this morning—Bad Moon Rising  (Creedence Clearwater Revival) and Burning Down the House (Talking Heads). Why? The weather forecast is intense. There’s a hurricane warning and a tropical storm alert. 

Here! In fucking New England. AND I gotta head into Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary in a few for a visit with my cornea doc. Joy…just oodles of and shit.

Have some pics and lyrics whilst I go figure out  how to affix sandbags to my walker. Also, what does one wear for a potentially cataclysmic weather event?

Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise

I hear hurricanes a-blowin'
I know the end is comin' soon
I fear rivers over flowin'
I hear the voice of rage and ruin

Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise, alright

Hope you got your things together
Hope you are quite prepared to die
Looks like we're in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye


And
Ah, watch out
You might get what you're after
Cool babies
Strange but not a stranger
I'm an ordinary guy
Burning down the house

Hold tight
Wait 'til the party's over
Hold tight
We're in for nasty weather
There has got to be a way
Burning down the house

Here's your ticket, pack your bags
Time for jumpin' overboard
Transportation is here
Close enough but not too far
Maybe you know where you are
Fightin' fire with fire

No comments:

Post a Comment