Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Sleepless in Valhalla

I got a whopping two hours of sleep last night.

Whyzat and WTF?

Got me hanging. I was good about exercising yesterday so I should have slept well. Still, Hypnos, that slacker, couldn’t be bothered to grace me with his goddamn presence.

Fucker.

Today, I’ve got to do my complete balance and strength workout (I plan on shining at tomorrow’s PT appointment), get the latest COVID booster (at 4PM), elliptical my ass off and maybe stop by Saint Fratelli’s for some emergency cannolis.

Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.
~ Anthony Burgess

I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?
~ Ernest Hemingway

Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds.
~ JoJo Jensen 

This is me today—a tall, cranky toddler.

I've always envied people who sleep easily. Their brains must be cleaner, the floorboards of the skull well swept, all the little monsters closed up in a steamer trunk at the foot of the bed.
~ David Benioff

No comments:

Post a Comment