Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Twits

What is this thing you call  “Twitter?’

From Wikipedia:
Twitter is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based messages of up to 140 characters, known as "tweets".
Seems to me the verb form should be twit not tweet. You know, as in:
I twit
You twit
He/She/It twits
et cetera

I joined Twitter primarily because I wanted to follow people -- Tbogg, an hilarious, sharp witted political blogger. Sherman Alexie, Martin Millar, John Scalzi -- fav authors. The Rude Pundit  because...well, he’s a wickedly rude and funny lefty. What’s not to like?

And then, one day, I couldn’t connect to their Twitter feeds unless I joined up. So I did. Now that I’m here (there?), what up? What’s it all about, Alfie? Can this be more than, essentially, television for the spectacularly short attention spanned amongst us (em...guilty.)? I get that some folks use this as a marketing tool. And some, the Abominable Snow Grifter/Princess Dumbass of the Northwoods  and her ilk , use it to broadcast their intense dimwittedness and hyper avaricious bends.

What are it’s other uses? Is this valuable or just another noise machine?

Um, whilst we deeply ponder this very deep issue of our day Follow Me On Twitter, y’all, @DonnaMaderer! (no, I don't know how to do the official Twitter, Follow Me linky yet. I'm lame. I know. No need to rub it in.)
______________________________

And here's more from the spam front:
Canned blogging advice from a spammer -- I’ve gotten this one, with post title changed to match, at least half a dozen times already. I imagine on their first day they’re issued a handbook, ‘Spamming for Dummies’ maybe.
I think everything typed made a bunch of sense. But, what about this? suppose you were to create a killer headline? I am not suggesting your content is not solid. , but suppose you added something that grabbed a person's attention? I mean "The Arborist Avengers!" is a little vanilla. You should glance at Yahoo's front page and watch how they create article headlines to get people to click. You might try adding a video or a pic or two to get people excited about everything've got to say. Just my opinion, it would make your website a little livelier. Check out my site - fetish chat on The Arborist Avengers!
Why do I fuss about this still? Curiosity. I really want to know about The Lives of Spammers -- can’t you just see the PBS documentary about this? It’ll be done all undercover investigative journalisty. We’ll see the rude, cockroach infested barracks where the spammer hopefuls are housed during indoctrination training, the over salted starch filled meals, the endless episodes of Three’s Company they’re forced to watch in order to inspire creativity. We’ll watch them, once on the job, being constantly excoriated for real and imagined failures. And then, then, we’ll see their pitiful pay stubs.

This is clearly a career choice for the purely desperate and destitute. Sad. There should be telethons. Where's Zombie Jerry Lewis when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment