Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Bad News, Good News, Bad News, Good News, Bad News, Good News, Bad News, Good News, Bad News, Good News, Bad News, Ad Infinitum

And random bits of fluff

Bad News: The Amazing Bob has cancer.
Good News: The docs are almost positive (pending just a couple more blood test results) that it’s lymphoma. The medics say this is “very” treatable. And it’s treatable with newer meds which are chemo-like but NOT toxic. This means they won’t have the nasty-ass heinous side effects like chemo does and did for our Jen.

Nothing’s written in stone yet BUT things don’t look quite as bleak for our hero.

Bad News:
Between the frigid temps, my stressed out hamstrings and exhaustion from all the med hoopla, I’m not getting any exercise lately. Not only is this nae good for my weight loss plans, it’s bad for me brain and body in general. Exercise evens out my moods, chills down those evil hot flashes and just generally makes me feel stronger and more capable. After a ride I feel like I can do anything...OK, anything YES but, maybe, after a wee nap.
Good News: I JUST remembered that Jen has a treadmill in her basement. While I’ve despised that boring fucker in the past, it is surely better than nothing.
Bad News: Coco is totes not keen on our fearful, former feral.
Good News: Our boy’s INSIDE! It got down to two below zero (that’s Fahrenheit mes amis) last night but, no worries, Rocco was tucked inside, on the sofa with his hoodie and Sneetch!
Funny/Annoying/not really bad at all, in fact it’s cute news: Rocco likes to sit behind me on my desk chair while I tippy tap away. He nudges my elbow a LOT to prompt me to pat him. I know...HOW CUUUUTE!
Reality: Coco will deal. They’ll never be besties but she’ll chill out eventually. I make sure I spend a fair amount of focused time with her daily.

The cats — sure fire agents for slowing me down, causing me look around and just breathe. Furry doses of zen is what they are.

Bad news: I’m deaf and that seems to be irreversible.
Good News: Despite all my struggles to understand the world and people around me, I continue to discover warm, generous people.

Yeah, not AT ALL what I expected! I'm starting to feel as though the human race wasn't a total mistake after all. Sheesh! Next thing ya know I'll be breaking into Tomorrow.

Bad News: My Aunt Mary Ann (who filled the mother role for me more than Lucy) is gone. She died on July 5th, 2012. Far too damn soon.
Good News: She gave me TWO of her winter coats which she no longer wore. They fit AND they’re gorgeous. I’m SO appreciating them today!

Bad News (OK, not really — it just is what it is): My memory is more like our ancient clothes dryer than the supercomputer, Tianhe-1A.
Good News: I amuse myself endlessly. I just played the word “toga” in one of my Words with Friends games and, OF COURSE, the chant from Animal House came to mind.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment