Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Passive Aggressive Town

Coco gearing up for new slap feints
Rocco at Coco's dish
In case you were wondering, (and OF COURSE you were!) Rocco now shares the bed with The Amazing Bob and me.

A few nights ago our complicated ex-feral discovered the furry blanket at the foot of our bed. He's awfully fond of it. As is our Coco.

I don't think there's peaceful, warm, lovey dovey sharing in my tuxes' future. Mind you, there are no fights as such. Coco hisses and makes the occasional lame sham swat in his general direction. Apart from that, it's all passive aggressive, all the time. A lot of the time anyway.

Fer instance: when they're both downstairs, Rocco will make a big show of eating out of her food bowl. Coco does the very same thing to him. Then there's the litter box battles. Though they each have their own personal latrine (which are at opposite ends of the house), both Coco and Rocco appear to get a great charge out of depositing the odd meadow muffin or taking the stray slash in the others' can.  

AND, I don't think our boy's failed to notice that the princess often sleeps on my stomach or neck. Last night, when I went upstairs to read in bed, our boy was right there—not at the foot of the bed but at the head, lounging on my pillow. I crawled in and he curled up at my side UNDER THE COVERS. I cracked the spine of my latest awesome mystery (Rennie Airth's River of Darkness) and all was max cozy. Moments later, Coco, knowing it was the reading hour, leaped onto my belly. She was most def NOT thrilled to find Rocco at my side and zipped off to her castle aerie.

*sigh* They're like three year olds!

She'll adjust. He's adapting. They may never be sweethearts but detente will be mine—dammit!

Meanwhile, there's a big dumping of snow (another foot!) in the forecast for tonight through tomorrow. I'm 99 kinds of thrilled and relieved that our boy finally decided to leave the great outdoors behind.
the beloved feline fleece

No comments:

Post a Comment