Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2015

She says she’s visiting her father

The Boston forecast for the next few days:
Saturday: Increasing clouds, highs in the 20s. Late day snow showers.
Sunday: another 1 to 3 inches may fall.
Monday: Periods of Snow likely...another 2 to 5 inches.
Tuesday: Morning snow, then cloudy. 1 to 3 inches of snow will likely fall.
Yup, we’re due for, possibly, another foot of this cold, wet, slippery shit. Joy.

And where will Jen, that deserving though deserting BFF ‘o’ mine, be?
Florida. I hate her!

She says she’s visiting her father who winters in a little town in the north central part of the state, near Ocala. She says she'll be nowhere near the warm sandy beaches. Do I, for one red hot minute, believe her? Oh sure, she’ll see son père but then, and I feel quite certain of this, she’ll drive off to Miami Beach, ClubSpace and Blue Martini. Of course!

Hell's, that's where I'd be. I may be deaf (and I am) but I'd SO feel the driving, heavy techno beat and, baby dolls, I'd BE on that dance floor!

While Oni, The Amazing Bob and I suffer in this snowy wasteland she’ll be sunning herself by day and then samba-ing her pretty ta tas off by night. *sniff* Traitorous wretch.

 By the by, I tested out the Yaktrax yesterday and, in my short walk, managed to stay upright. In fact, I didn't slip at all. Yea me! Am I now all set for winter outdoor action? Nope. The high, cold winds do a real number on my nerve damaged left eyeball—seres all the moisture clean out and makes it hard to see. That makes walking more of a challenge. Nae good, nae preferable.

So then, I'm back to the mall this morning for more laps past the egregious Forever 21, Coach (a purse for 350 clams? oh please!), Victoria's Secret (does anyone really still wear those deeply uncomfortable, wastes of string—thongs?) and Claire's (Cheap Bijous are Us). There's also the very dangerous shop that, I swear, emits a tractor beam pull whenever I'm near. Yes, I'm talking about the Apple store. Of course.

Honest to Bast, I will stop moaning about the weather and soon. I'm even annoying myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment