Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

We're Having A Cativersary!

N
Have I mentioned? We just passed Rocco’s one year anniversary. He moved inside on August 28th of last year. Yup, he beat the heinous weather by a few months. Very forward thinking of our boy.

For the first four or five months, he was hunkered down in our basement (mostly in the rafters too). Since then, since becoming more chill with indoor life, Rocco made the second floor his own.

There’ve been attempts to hang out on our first floor but Coco’s really not keen on that. She doesn’t attack our not-so-fearless-former-warrior-prince, no. She just lets him know, in her princess-y way, that she’d be happier if he made himself scarce. So he does. After awhile. For awhile.

No idea if they’re still engaging in their nocturnal passive/aggressive raids. I expect they are though. Hey, maybe it's actually courting behavior? Foreplay!

In any case, Rocco now seems to be making up for his long lost schmooze-bag years. When I come into the boudoir, our man races from his nest of linens and blankets in our closet and sits by my side. He makes it clear that I'm to pat, cosset, brush and, just generally, love him up good (but know when to stop!) and then he curls up at my side while I read.

He's gotten so relaxed and comfy that he doesn't even dash away to hide when Jen comes in. 
Shocking!

So then, happy anniversary to my formerly dressed old boy! I believe Rocco and Coco will both get some celebratory tuna and catnip tonight.