Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Sweet Dreams + Fud

I dreamed that I was swimming up a murky river somewhere in rural China. Why? I was going to see my friend Felicity who, in real non-dream world, has also had recent Nf2 related BIG surgery.

Does Felicity live in China? No, she lives in Boston. Is Felicity Chinese. Nope. So, what’s the deal with me swimming up the Yellow River versus the Charles? Beats the fuck outta me.

Quite possibly, it’s because I’m experiencing a deep, monster craving for Chinese food? I haven’t had any since the lockdown began if not much earlier.

I MAY well be craving some eggplant in garlic sauce, Szechuan bean curd, hot and sour soup and scallion pancakes. Could be!

Sure now, Jen, Oni and I have ordered Thai for our pre-Plague45 invasion Wednesday movie nights. That’s been awesome plus but, not quite the same.

I’ve had sushi but only the grocery store kind.

NO Chinese food in, at least, six months though.

THIS is insane especially since I live in a town whose population is one quarter Asian. AND of these folk, 66% are Chinese or of Chinese decent.

HELLO, I’d like some dry sautéed stringbeans NOW please!

While Jen has tested negative for the Trump Virus and isn’t symptomatic, she’s in quarantine for another week (because she’s shacked up with Oni who does have Plague45. Yes they’ve both been wearing masks when in the same room AND are sleeping apart). Oni’s quarantine ends Monday and, by the by, he’s feeling much better.

Oh and Jen’s mask mocking production manager who had taken one of those bullshit rapid response COVID tests, (which came back negative) actually, DOES have the plague. In fact, he was ambulanced to the hospital two nights ago with breathing problems. No word as to whether he’s been intubated and ventilatored yet.

Back to Felicity though. She’s finally (after weeks) back home. Before she went in (a week before me), I sent her a bunch of escapist books and comics for her recovery. Hers was bean surgery, not spine. So perhaps, less pain but more sleeping – our weakness, wobbliness and need to relearn how to do basic shit is likely similar.

Next time we go through shit at the same time, we should mebbe  coordinate better so’s we can do team recovery here in Valhalla. We’ll have a herd of cats to administer comforting purrs, hot and hotter besties bringing us bon bons and rye toast and, when we’re well enough to sit outside, we can watch the dawn break over warm mugs of cappuccino.

How did my dream, Swimming to Felicity, end? I reached her town and, now dry and chicly clad in THE latest duds and bijoux, we kibitzed about this, that and nothing at all at a lovely outdoor café.

Yes, in this sweet sleepy time movieola, both Felicity and I still had hearing.
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I traveled the world
And the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) – Eurythmics

No comments:

Post a Comment