Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Mind Gone on Walk About

Haunted appearing hotel in Bennington, Vermont
The harbor in Boothbay Harbar
In honor of the sun FINALLY coming out, after a mere week of grey skies and rain, my cold has decided to make a return appearance. Rotten bastid!

I’ll collect what little energy I can and zoom (as much as I can with this stupid headache)  off for a short-ish trike ride.

Meantime, my brain’s in travel mode.

Chrysler Building NYC
Arizona Cacti
I’m thinking of meeting cousin Della in Amsterdam for a long weekend. Or maybe Barcelona -- I’ve never been. That’s a longer flight though. There are no non stops from Boston so it’d be a 10.5 -11 hour flight. Not really a long weekend’s trip. Amsterdam’s only about seven and a half hours -- not as bad. Reykjavik was five hours which was fab for a four day weekend.

Then there’s my upcoming visit to pal Jenny in Arizona, a drive to Montreal or maybe a train ride to Manhattan with Helen, a visit to cousin Gary in Boothbay Harbor, Maine and then, THEN my long talked of trip to Cabarete in The Dominican Republic and surf camp!

And WHEN will I get to Istanbul, hmmmm? I really want to visit the Lycian temple tombs at Caunus, the Temple of Apollo at Didyma, the petrified waterfall and sacred spring at Pamukkale and more, more, more.

Why only four days? I start going through withdrawal if I’m away from The Amazing Bob any longer. It’s not pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment