Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Assorted Bits

In lieu of a pic, here's a Saru doodle
Saru, our new-ish visitor tiger cat is becoming slightly less timid. Now, when I open the front door, he doesn’t run halfway down the drive. He just dashes to the bottom of the porch stairs and waits for me to drop his food and close the front door behind me.

I haven’t been able to get a pic of him yet but I have hope.

Also too, YES – Jen and I named him after the character on Star Trek: Discovery  Of course.
~~~
I have another MRI scheduled for tomorrow. Hoping to hell I can get through this one without freak out. Today, in my ongoing effort to chill the fuck out, I’ll take a long walk, do a few rounds of my PT exercises and a whole bunch of yoga breathing
~~~
This is miles away from a new revelation for me BUT some friendships are one way streets – all take or all give. That shit’s not healthy.

I truly make an effort to give as good as I get, to remember that the world doesn’t revolve around ME (shocking and unfair as that is). I *think* I do OK on this score but //shrugs// I’m probably not the best judge of me.

No relationship in this world ever remains warm and close unless good effort is made on both sides to keep it so.     
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who won`t even jump a puddle for you.
~ Anonymous

No person is your friend who demands your silence…
~ Alice Walker

At the temple there is a poem called “Loss” carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot read loss, only feel it.
~ Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha

It is during the worst times of your life that you will get to see the true colors of the people who say they care about you.
~ Ritu Ghatourey

My father came to me
And held me to his chest
He said there’s not much more that you can do
Go home and get some rest
~ Paul SimonThink Too Much
~~~
Cloudy statement of the day:
Waiting for a joy that I’m fully aware may never happen is, possibly…marginally, easier than giving up all hope of its arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment