Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2020

Inconvenient Frailties and Karma

The other day I scribbled about how we should all appreciate our own beauty and personal fabulousness. On top of that I need to accept my inconvenient frailties and just bloody well DEAL.

Toward that end, now that I’m doing a shit-ton more walking (versus recumbent ellipticalling because the Y is shut), I finally bought a pair of decent, supportive walking sneaks. They’re DEF not style forward, like my brill Vans, BUT maybe my damn back will stop hassling me now (unless this is my spine telling me it RILLY misses my ace back cutter, Doc Coumans).

I’m torn about returning to the Y when it reopens next Monday. Gyms are high risk and I’m SO not down with that BUT I need my elliptical and the weight machines! Also, though I don’t stop to chitchat with anyone, I enjoy being around people. The Y crowd is, in my experience, friendly, respectful and just plain decent. I miss that.

Back at ambulating, Jen and I did some research and found the Drive Nitro walker of my dreams. Yes, it’s expensive BUT it’s slick, safe (brake lines are within the frame, not dangling outside), comes with a handy dandy waterproof “basket” ( to hold Coco, wine and sketchpads OF COURSE) and it’s in always-stylish black. In a couple weeks I can start taking solo long strolls again. Yea!

Between the sneaks and the Nitro, I’ll be MUCH better equipped for old, yet active decrepitudeness.

You may’ve heard, Saturday’s hate rally in Tulsa turned out to be a huge bust. While the TikTokers and K-Pops wildly inflated Preznint Loose Weasel Stool’s attendance expectations (and TOTALLY banjaxed his suckers-to-fleece database), they did NOT nab spots. There were NO reserved seats – it was first come/first serve. That's why idiots were camped out on line like it was ’71 and they were hoping for Who tickets.

If anything kept Captain Chaos’ fanboys and girls away, it was, perhaps, fear of getting the plague. The Tulsa joint has a 19,200-seat capacity but, despite the venue being two thirds empty (fewer than 6,200), only a microscopic number practiced social distancing and almost no one wore the masks which campaign staffers handed out at the door. Being at slightly lower risk was possible. They chose otherwise. I believe this is known as self-culling.

I expect area hospitals to be flooded with coughing and wheezing Cult45ers and their unfortunate families within the next two weeks.

Another thought, maybe the low attendance was also due to the Tangerine Treasonweasel being, mebbe not over but def headed into the bog. He’s got no new tricks up his sleeve, his racist, grade school taunts are stale and his job performance is stratospherically horror show appalling (unless you’re blindingly stupid or rich OR both).

He needs new material if he wants to fill seats.
The weakness of Mr. Trump’s drawing power and political skills, in a state that voted for him overwhelmingly and in a format that he favors, raised new questions about his electoral prospects for a second term at a time when his poll numbers were already falling. And rather than speak to the wide cross-section of Americans who say they are concerned about police violence and systemic racism, he continued to use racist language, describing the coronavirus as “Kung Flu.” (source)
I love the smell of karma in the morning. It smells like victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment