Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

The Spinning Planet

Vishnu
These are some very hard damn times. Motherfucking heinously goddamn hard times!

There’s Plague 45 and our stunningly stupid population’s self-destructive selfishness and blind allegiance to a ludicrously dimwitted, grotesquely avaricious and presumptuously vainglorious pedophile

If not for him, his horror-show renfields and cult following. I’d be able to go out to lunch, visit a museum, fly to Oregon for a holiday with my sweetie, Ten. Hells bells, I could go for walks without fear of catching a death dealing virus.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

La Nuit,
the primordial goddess of the night
I miss having escapades. It feels as though it’s been eons since I’ve had even a minor one. The last time Jen and I went to Iceland, I was a mess. It was right before January’s bean surgery. The walk from our room to the lagoon alone was a mega challenge.

It seems like forever ago (but it’s just a few years) since I was bopping around downtown Dublin, looking for Cian McLoughlin’s paintings.

I haven’t been to see my cousin in Berlin in FAR too long and, fer fuck’s sake, I’ve STILL never been to London!

I NEED escapades! Some damn shenanigans too, goddammit!

Shenanigans might help me with this other little issue. All the stress seems to be causing a Donna diplomacy drain. OK…really? Truth? Maybe I’m just at risk of losing it.

The good thing about the vast majority of my convos is that they go down via text message, email or social media. I have the opportunity to stop myself from making impulsive coarse and/or crude comebacks to friends who’ve made ill considered comments. Yeah, instead of responding with “what the fuck? Are you high or what?!” Or “don’t be such a dim ass!” I can collect and order my thoughts and facts, edit out my knee-jerk jerkiness and respond calmly and intelligently. You know, like a sane, mature adult.

(I AM SO a sane and mature adult *stamps foot*)

Some friends might be just fine with a WTF reply BUT, in this time when the vast majority of us are tense as ALL fuck, it seems better all around, more effective (for having my points heard) and kind to NOT come back at someone (friend or not) with blazing guns.

Oh yeah, another piece of burdensome bullshit – in 48 hours I’ll be at MGH, sitting at the OR doors, kitted out in a lovely, backless hospital gown, impatiently, bitchily even, waiting for my valium with heavy duty anesthesia chaser.

Being sliced open and having every major muscle snipped, so’s the good cutter can snatch out a couple tumors DOES actually give me pause. I AM, now that I think on it, a teensy weensy bit nervous.

Ten’s been meeting with the Old Gods about all this and, yeah, they’ve got my back. I’ll be fine.

Cool, Cool River – Paul Simon

6 comments:

  1. "they've got my back" … pun intended?! LOL!

    "diplomacy drain", yep, just call me Snippy! Even the cats start to aggravate me when both of them must lie next to my keyboard.

    I will be thinking of you on Friday morning. You are a resilient ninja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam and yes bad pun (redundant much, Donna?) intended!

      Delete
  2. I worshipped at the feet of God, when suddenly I realized that I was all alone. The echoes of my prayers haunted me for far too long. Fortunately,I found a goddess whose been my companion for now more than forty years. Isn't it ironic? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard that tune or anything else by her actually. Dark. Wish I could hear it.

      Delete
  3. Actually I had to slay a white bull with an altogether too short a sword in the dark of a blood moon. Don't know if that counts as talkin' to 'm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that's their preferred form of communication. In any case,they'll send us a bill if they need more white bull entrails or bloody moons.

      Ya know, if I have more surgeries (HAH, of course I will!) Santa will need to bring you a longer sword. I'll put it on the list.

      Delete