Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2020

The Dookie and the Fine

It’s too damn easy to become completely overwhelmed by the constant crimes, corruption and 10 story high diseased weasel shit from the hateful, half-wit Con Artist in Chief, his scam-ass family, Murder Turtle (AKA Moscow Mitch) and the rest of those fascist fucks of the GOP (which stands for Grifter’s Own Party, of course).

We will fight.  Flipping the Senate and holding the House are key for saving this beleaguered republic.

A Supreme Court Justice can be impeached but only for offenses such as perjury, fraud, or conflicts of interest. Clarence Thomas, at the VERY least, qualifies for that last bit. His conflicts of interest should’ve been addressed LONG ago. Also, there’s got to be a few hundred more nasty skeletons in Rapey Boy Kavenaugh’s closet.

This Scheiße on top of my annoyingly bothersome, ongoing health struggles AND Plague45 which prevents me from going down to Pennsylvania to see Daddy.

But look, it’s Monday. There’s got to be SOME bright spots in all the doom. I hear you, you’re thinking OH NO, she’s gonna go all Pollyanna on us today! No, but I really do need to find glimmers of hope so I don’t dissolve into a fetid swamp of despair.

While the West Coast continues to burn, air quality is less heinous in most, NOT all, areas. A friend who lives in a rural spot, north of Portland, Oregon, posted pics of a BLUE sky yesterday.

Ten w/his gorgeous long hair back in a braid
Here in Valhalla, the sun is out, the air is clear and temps will mebbe reach a lovely 60º later. Sweater weather, my favorite!

Jen and I spent most of yesterday in Mass Eye and Ear’s ER, having my flaming scarlet left eye looked at. I was, naturally, in a panic state, fearing the loss of my sight. This is the third flair up since coming home from August’s spine surgery. I now know what’s up and have been given a solid plan (and meds) to clear up the irritated eye smog. My vision will be fine, this is not (since caught, evaluated and treated in time) the end of the world (or my eye).

My back hurts a little less each day. I’m able to move about with greater ease/less struggle. I’ve even, FINALLY, been able to begin formal physical therapy exercises (instead of just counting ALL movement as such).

My fierce jungle warrior kitten has been making sure I don’t overdo. She reminds me to rest, flat on my back, by sitting on my chest, refusing to move.(Coco – not a paper weight but a Donna weight). 


Ten made cinnamon French toast for brekkie this morning.

Oni’s his usual awesome self.


And, later today, Jen and I will write postcards.

I am beyond happy that I get to live on the water here in ultra liberal Massachusetts, surrounded by my mega wonderful family and friends.

Also, here is (below) my favorite election sign to date:

8 comments:

  1. Satori---"Ch'an expressions refer to enlightenment as "seeing your self-nature". But even this is not enough. After seeing your self-nature, you need to deepen your experience even further and bring it into maturation. You should have enlightenment experience again and again and support them with continuous practice. Even though Ch'an says that at the time of enlightenment, your outlook is the same as of the Buddha, you are not yet a full Buddha."

    I'm not a Buddhist by any means but I borrow from them often. I'm a long time yoga practitioner mostly in tune with the teachings of Rodney Yee. When carefully reading your words this morning it occurred to me that you touched upon Sartori. Sartori is the essence of light and clarity, and quite dissimilar to her sister Karma who is often associated with the "B" word. It's good to see you healing in body, mind, and spirit, one step at a time...

    Spent the weekend breathing clean air. Rosa our dog was joyous at the opportunity to once again run free. Noticed this morning that the smoke is infiltrating back into the airshed. Not too bad as of yet, but definitely a regression...

    Yesterday I stayed away from the media, and it's depressing accounting of Notorious RBG's life and times, and the firehose of BS that is intent on poisoning our democracy. I expect the worst outcome from Trump, but take some comfort in Kamala Harris's expected grilling of the SCOTUS candidate. Hopefully there will be abundant tears...

    Been reading this guy for a while. I find him very informative. His latest---https://justabovesunset.wordpress.com/2020/09/20/the-sum-of-us/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jimmy!

      I've been attempting to, at the least, cut WAY back on my news consumption. It's a bit of a struggle. Good thing I've got good books to get lost in. Plus, maybe soon I'll be able to stand long enough to paint again.

      I'd forgotten all about the fact that Harris will get to grill Trump/McConnell's candidate. Something to look forward to!

      Also, thank you for the link – a very interesting though bleak post.

      Delete
  2. Buddhists take themselves way too seriously.

    It's a Zen thing. Or maybe not, as it may, or may not, be.

    Like an empty bowl that when used never fills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the bowl's big enough and contains dark chocolate covered cherries or mint chocolate chip ice cream, it doesn't need to be full. A little goes a long way.

      What? I'm missing the point? This ISN'T about chocolate?

      Delete
    2. I generally empty the bowl with the handle (smirk). Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Was never able to get into Buddhism. Left the traditional christian church (or rather it left me) many years ago when they immersed themselves in politics. Pretty sure Jesus would be offended. I'll never forget how during the Reagan years the evangelicals howled about the gays recruiting children off the streets, and then let the Aids crisis run amuck. I worked (woked) in a hospital then, and have vivid memories about the agonies of the sufferers. I remember one couple (man/woman) where the woman divorced an earlier husband only to find that he was an IV drug user. He contacted Aids, she caught it from him, and then her new husband caught it from her. They died a week apart...

      Delete
    3. Christ almighty that's heartbreaking! This vile admin seems to have looked at Reagan's AIDs playbook and said "Hold my beer." I just saw this astounding post over at The New Yorker – a must read: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/09/28/a-young-kennedy-in-kushnerland-turned-whistle-blower?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=the-new-yorker&utm_social-type=earned&fbclid=IwAR2ELuimK1ZgFdHvU51c41k5Ng1AjRf0C1LL3lbz2bWK7nHt29UnpUNo05E

      I was raised Catholic but as soon as I enter junior high (public vs. parochial) I began exploring other options. In college I read a lot of Alan Watts. In my 20s and early 30s I went to shul. Now? The entirety of my beliefs can be summed up by that Vonnegut quote:
      "Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you've got a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-"God damn it, you've got to be kind."

      Delete
    4. Yeah, I still feel the heat of anger after all these years, and like Covid-19 now, it didn't need to be. But there were points to be scored with the "Christian?" right. So aids was allowed to run its course. After all it was just the "Gay Plague..."

      I read the New Yorker article. Not sure why any sane person would work for the current occupant, but it's good to see him speak out. Maybe a difference it will make (my inner Yoda makes its appearance.)

      I've been listening to Leonard Cohen's "The Future" this morning. Pretty much sums up my mood...

      https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/leonardcohen/thefuture.html

      Delete
    5. Dark, dark song. I can relate.

      It's times like this that the only right, helpful, sane thing to do is hit the bakery for some carrot cake with extra frosting.

      Delete