Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

I'm Tired

A little fuzzy but you get the idea.
I’m tired. Tired of all this recovery shit, tired of surgeries (big and small), tired of politics (yes, I’m still reading about that shit just not as much), tired of staying inside, tired of COVID crap. Let’s face it, I’m tired.

Mostly I sit at home in the evenings watching the box and hoping that one day I’ll evolve into plankton.
~ Tom Holt, Barking

Except I don’t watch the box, I read. I still want to evolve into plankton OR, as I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, a free floating, fluffy, sentient cloud.

Heroes may die but they doesn’t get tired.
~ Amit Kalantri
Which proves, without question, that I am nobody’s fucking hero.
And more than that, she just looked…tired. Like she’d battled the world and the world had won.
~ Sara Shepard
The world hasn’t won yet but it’s gonna be a close one.
‘I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired,’ said Maxie.
‘I know how that feels,’ said Blue.
‘I think some Pharaoh had that carved on his tomb,’ Maxie added.
~ Charlie Higson, The Enemy
Those Pharaohs—wise motherfuckers, eh.
You know you’ve had a rough night when the bugs in your kitchen look up at you and go, “WTF”
~ Neil Leckman
No bugs in my kitchen but still…you get the idea.
I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can’t be right. I need a change, or something.
~
J. R. R. Tolkien, Lord of the Rings
Except I’m in no way thin. Is it possible to be stretched fat?
I’m just so tired of life being something that happens to me. That’s not how it’s supposed to work. I’m supposed to make my own life.
~ Joshua Edward Smith, Duality
Ah, if only that was how life worked.

So, all I can say is that I’m tired of the fight but I’ll keep on keeping on. It’s the only rational choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment