Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2022

Slugday

I’ll start working on my taxes Monday. Later today, for sure. Okay, I’ll definitely begin that shit on Tuesday.

I’m feeling exceptionally lazy this morning. Why is this? I didn’t exercise at all on Saturday. On Sunday, I ellipticalled a bit and walked a ridiculously small amount. With all that rest, I've got no excuse. I should be full of energy this morning, just raring to go. Right?

Eh, not so much. (understatement alert) Could be due to the weather. It was cold and snowing when I woke. Those are total roll-over-and-go-back-to-sleep conditions. Yes, they so are.

This possibly means that I won’t have my long physical therapy seawall walk this morning. The plan was to work on mastering the skills needed to properly pilot my fancy-shmancy Drive Nitro rollator. Not gonna happen with snow on the ground. Nope. We can still work on wheelie walker technique but it’ll be within the confines of my minikin cottage. zzzzzzzzz

Later this afternoon our little Princess Coco has a doctor appointment. This is her hyperthyroidism follow-up. She developed this little condition over the past year while I was busy getting sliced up at MGH. Having been less than ideally mobile, Jen’s brought her to all her visits. Today though, I WILL be there. Coco is an exceptionally well behaved patient but I know she’s afraid and nervous. She needs support from both Jen and I. For what it’s worth, Princess seems to have gained back some weight.

In other Jen-is-so-Awesome news—she made the most AMAZING scones yesterday. There’s cheese, chives and spinach in them. SWOON City!!!! 

Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
~ A.A. Milne

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.
~ Mark Twain

Procrastinate now, don't put it off.
~ Ellen DeGeneres

Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.

~ Steven Wright 

The sun's peeping out now. The snow on neighbor Andrea's roof (visible from the window by my bed) has melted. I'm gonna need to get off my ass and do something soon. I know, I'll start by committing acts of hygiene and getting dressed. MAYBE, after that and before Judy arrives for PT, I'll have the presence of mind to begin my tax prep.

 It could happen. I can almost envision it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment