Search This Blog

Friday, April 1, 2022

Better and Better

On Wednesday I took my second 500 foot/no rest-break walk. I did five minutes on the elliptical, took another mini-stroll, climbed the stairs from first to second floor TWICE (instead of taking the chairlift), slept great and woke pain free. Woohoo!

I’m now able to stand at my dresser and closet long enough to pick out my own clothes Lemme just tell you, that feels great! Ten and Jen have been/are wonderful but I’m certain that I've abused them
horribly.

  • No, that shade of green T-shirt doesn’t go well with the tie dye yoga pants I want to wear today. Don’t I have a purple T? No, not that one. Not that one either.
  • I want to wear my Japanese cat pajamas tonight not these constellation ones. Oh, I changed my mind. Can you get me my navy blue sweatpants instead?
  • These socks don’t go with my pants. Do you see my sushi socks? No, not those, they’re too tight at the ankle. Don’t I have another pair in there?

And on and on.

I don’t need a spotter while I brush my teeth or get dressed anymore.

Yesterday I took another long, for me, walk and ellipticalled. That and I took a morning shower (which still counts as exercise, dammit). Yeah, my back is definitely bitching at me this morning but I’m seeing happy progress. I feel encouraged, even hopeful.

Mind you, I need to be a tap dancing fool (or something like that anyway) within the next 13 days. That’s when I begin protoning—Monday through Friday early mornings for six weeks or more. Getting up outta bed, dragging a comb across my head (as well as performing other acts of hygiene), doing the 93N commute into MGH, getting radiated and then coming home for PT action—this’ll be a significant challenge. Activity-wise it’s some Olympic level rehab.

To prep for this, in addition to increasing my exercising, I need to get in the habit of being up, bathed, dressed and downstairs by 8AM. Right now that feels shockingly ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment