Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Breathe in, breathe out

I'm fairly brain fried. Why? There've been some MEGA slight recent changes in my day to day routine. I don't roll easily with change. Just ask poor, ultra patient Jen (seriously, the woman's a fucking saint). I'm NOT a calm, laid back person. Okay, sometimes I am but, generally, that's not something you ought to bank on.

No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.
~ Virginia Woolf

But I want to sparkle! How can I sparkle if I don’t hurry up and get ALL better? Yesterday's first outpatient PT went reasonably well. The focus will be on ways to reduce my pain whilst increasing my balance and endurance. The goal? Consistent, unassisted walking.

NO pressure!

I just give myself permission to suck…I find this hugely liberating.
~ John Green

I should try this sometime. 

We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.
~ David Mamet

YES! THIS!

Do what you can, with what you’ve got, where you are.

~ Theodore Roosevelt

That makes WAY too much sense.

It’s not time to worry yet.
~ Harper Lee

I beg to differ. It is always time to worry.

If you can’t fly, run. If you can’t run, walk. If you can’t walk, crawl, but by all means, keep moving.
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

And I will.

Under PressureDavid Bowie and Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment