Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Randomness

Yes, it’s a beautiful morning.
NO, you can’t go outside.

Today's my first day of outpatient physical therapy. It's just intake and info gathering. i.e., how fucked up am I? From this, a plan for future torture will be made. WooHoo! 

I'm still struggling with walking a half mile (with walker). Yes, I've done as much as .87 of a mile but that was only once, in this recovery/rehab go 'round, and I was flat on my back for at least a day afterward. Also, I've yet to walk farther than across the living room without assistance. I just don't feel terribly superstar-ish this morning.

While I'm looking forward to the increased challenges, guidance and activity of outpatient PT, I'm nervous. It doesn't take much to spark up the old back pain. I'm not keen on this pain shit. Nope, not at all.

~~~

We’ve got a new teatime teevee show. It’s The Boys.

It’s set in a world where superpowered folks, called Supes, are celebrity heroes. They work for a big, nasty corporation which markets them, sort of like the old Hollywood star system. Just like in real life, there’s the Supe star’s official persona and then there’s the flawed (or utterly shitheelian criminal) one that the public doesn’t (or isn’t supposed to) see.

What happens when the heroes go rogue and start abusing their powers? When it's the powerless against the super powerful, the Boys head out on a heroic quest to expose the truth about the Seven and Vought, the multibillion-dollar conglomerate that manages the superheroes and covers up their dirty secrets. Based on the comic book series of the same name. (source)
We’ve only seen one ep so far but we’re totally intrigued. It’s gritty, weird and fun.

~~~

A couple quotes from my current book—Richard Kadrey's Kill the Dead:

Memories are bullets. Some whiz by and only spook you. Others tear you open and leave you in pieces.

Woke from a dream about Coco. We were in a building full of shops in Chinatown. I was holding her close in my arms but somehow she managed to get free and wander off. PANIC! 

It was one of those dreams where I wake and need a few minutes to remember reality. Coco's gone and I miss her terribly.

Words are weapons. They blast big bloody holes in the world. And words are bricks. Say something out loud and it starts turning solid. Say it loud enough and it becomes a wall you can't get through.
AND

As sweet as it feels, I can't lie here forever curled up in a big ball of fuck-the-world.

Time to get up, perform acts of hygiene, put on some duds and face the world.

MORNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment