Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

What I Love

An extremely abbreviated, utterly incomprehensive, top-of-my-head-this-morning-tomorrow's-may-look-completely-different list.

* That, while out and about running errands, EVERY so often, we’ll pass another Smart Car. Know what happens? We all point and wave at each other excitedly like little kids.

It’s 12 kinds of fun.

* That I’m Facebook friends with Sue Jamison. She’s upbeat without being saccharine, Christian without the too often found sanctimony and hypocrisy, passionate and devoted to equal rights for all but doesn’t come on all big-swinging-sword-of-Damocles. She’s athletic, fit, interesting and truly warm.

Sue’s a grown up in one of the best possible ways. We went to high school together though I didn’t know her then. I’m glad I do now.

* That I finally learned to ALWAYS pack my camera even if I’m just going out for a quick trike ride on an overcast day.

* That Helen and famiglia live in Hoosick Falls now. I’ll head up there this coming Friday to have a night out with my best girl. The next day I’ll help her prep for Madison’s birthday party and Julianna’s baptism before motoring home in Bix the Wonder Car.

Jesus, it’s good to have her so close!

* That there are still some flowers, leaves on trees and afternoons in the 60s. I’m not ready for winter. Am I ever?

* That Rocco has become the Most Affectionate Cat Evah (after our Coco that is). When I come out to feed him, he rests his poor scarred head against my shin and makes it real clear that he wants pats and skritches before food.

I just hope I can keep him warm, safe and dry this winter.

* Weekend afternoons with nothing to do but read, play Scrabble, paint and sit around with family watching Star Trek Into Darkness (awesome+!), episodes of Fringe (freaky cool) and True Blood.

* That The Amazing Bob puts up with all my eccentricities and manias as well as my miserable, boring-ass cooking. Yeah sure, he could cook and often does but, apart from his seriously stellar baking chops, he’s no better than me. Eh, we’re fun, cute as hell and whip smart -- you can’t be everything. Besides, with pals and housemates like Jen, Oni and Erin, we’re all set.


And then there’s Bistro Chi. Maybe we’ll send out for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment