Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Pollyanna Fail

My current mood looks like this
You know I try to stay upbeat even at my rantiest. I really do. Why? Because being down, being all morose and shit is boring. Ya know why depressed people sleep so much? It’s due to the fact that their (my) despondent mood/phase has fatigued them (me) into near coma-hooded-ness. A lot like 10th grade Algebra.

TRUTH!
side note: I came to LOVE the wonders of Algebra when I was doing the pressroom production manager gig.
Why am I rockin’ the ultra blue lately? Eh, I’m plagued by stupid, assholian headaches and my swallow function’s getting dodgier. These, mes amis, are symptoms. They’re big fat vermilion flags, telling me that it’s time to call my neurologist, Doc Plotkin. I’ll see what he has to say, what he recommends.

I imagine he’ll ask if I’ve noticed a trigger for these coconut cramps. Yes, yes I have actually. Housework. Bending and lifting dial me up to 10 on the pain-o-meter every damn time. So then, easy peasy, right? Don’t do housework! Yeah, if only the solution was that simple. Closets gotta get sorted, floors need scrubbed and mopped, dusting, sadly, doesn't do itself.

*sigh*

Elves! I need elves!

Ya know what else is makin’ my brown eyes blue? Jen called the IMAX cinema in Reading. It’s the closest theater of its kind, in the area, showing the new Star Wars flick. In 3D too! Bad news—NO closed captioning. Man oh man, that’s enough to send me to bed for a full day with a pint or two of Jamo, 28 comics and, at least, two cats. She did manage to score tickies for an early showing next weekend at the movie house down in Braintree. This is the joint where ALL the seats are big, glorious recliners, every room’s got closed captioning AND they have Star Wars in 3D. If we sit in the first or second row I’ll get an IMAX-y type effect, right? Close enough.

And anotha' thing! It’s grey and rainy AGAIN today. The weather report CLEARLY said that the showers would be in the afternoon but it’s raining now, dammit. There’ll be no triking but I needs me some exercise. A long walk in the drizzle sounds all romantically Heathcliff-ish but, guess what, not so much fun. Mall walk, you say? I have to be pretty fucking desperate (like last winter) to hoof it in the Palace of Conspicuous Consumption.

*sigh*

Maybe another cuppa joe and a piece of TAB’s brill apple pie will put me in more of solution finding versus kvetching kind of a mood? Worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment