Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Knock, Knock

Who's there?

Random shit. Lemme in!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Without specifically naming him, Obama called out the media’s treatment of the real estate mogul Donald Trump’s campaign. He criticized how much attention Trump receives, particularly from cable news networks.

“A job well done is about more than just handing someone a microphone,” Obama said. (source)
While it’s great that the media has relentlessly shown how racist, misogynist, jejune and grossly, SPECTACULARLY not ready for prime time presidency that Trump is, it would be much more better and gooder if they’d cover other candidates a bit more completely (to say the VERY least).

How’s ‘bout covering Clinton in an honest, open manner – NOT just a fucking stale rehash of Republican lies but really talk about her totes solid record and what she’s saying she’d do as Prez. How’s ‘bout covering Sanders career – what he’s actually done. Don’t simply cover what he’s saying now – not just his relentless, very important criticism of this country’s serious income inequality. Talk about his history as a small city mayor, a US Representative and then senator from Vermont. He’s got a long history and it makes sense for the public to see more of this (though the pics of him with birds are cute and très cinematic).

Also too, can Obama puh-leeze have a third term?! I don't ask for much RILLY!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just finished reading I Am Spock by Leonard Nimoy (duh!).

NOW, I want to read his son Adam’s book, My Incredibly Wonderful, Miserable Life: An Anti-Memoir
Live long and prosper? Ha.Last week, Adam Nimoy woke up in his beautiful house with his wife and kids in West Los Angeles. Today, he's waking up in a sleeping bag on an air mattress in a two-bedroom apartment with no furniture thinking, "How the hell did I get here?”
I was never a William Shatner fan. To my mind, he was a ham handed, scenery chewing buffoon. I saw Tim Allen’s starship captain performance in Galaxy Quest (LOVED that movie!) as, essentially, a very close to reality spoof of him.

I’m not alone on that.
Galaxy Quest is the seventh greatest Star Trek movie ever made, according to Trek fans -- who also judged this summer's Star Trek Into Darkness to be the worst of all time.
In any case, I’d still like to read Shatner’s memoir of their friendship, Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man

AND I’d like to see more of Nimoy's photography. I was lucky enough to hit the fabola Michelson Gallery in Amherst when he was having a show there. I’ve seen a lot of his Full Body Project work but little from his series Shekhina.

A YUGE fan? Me?  Em...yeah, I guess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Amazing Bob and I leave for MGH and Biopsyville shortly. Not sure when we’ll get the results but the good doc said it’d be within the week. OK. All I want to hear is this – Yur man's gonna be right as rain shortly. This is no biggie whatsoevah. He'll just take this little magic pill each morning and we'll all be livin' in Fine and Dandy City by early next week.

Not counting on hearing that but…ya know, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment