Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Random Advice

Found whilst toodling around online:

Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
Generally speaking, skunks are much nicer and not looking to rob you blind.

Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
A metaphor…dig?

Words that soak into your ears are whispered… not yelled.
The Obama method versus the Blustering Bullshit Pool of Screaming Orange Sick version.

You cannot unsay a cruel word.
Sometimes the best response is silence.

If it’s abso-necessary to speak/convo with someone who’s pissing you off, just wait. Enter the fray calmly.

The best sermons are lived, not preached.
Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people; before you tell me how much you love your God, show me in how much you love all His children; before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbors. ~ Cory Booker
Don‘t interfere with something that not specifically effecting you. 
Believe abortion is murder? Don’t have one. Believe it’s sinful to sleep with someone of the same sex? Don’t do it. Believe women are inferior to men and don’t deserve equal rights? Stay the fuck outta my way, motherfucker!

Sometimes you get and sometimes you get got.
Remember to keep a healthy amount of cynicism on hand at all times. Don’t be so trusting that you broadcast to all that you’re the world's biggest sucker. 

Even so, sometimes I’m the Wampa and sometimes I’m the Tauntaun. And SOMEdays, despite all precautions AND the Force, I’m Jar Jar Binks.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment. 
I’ve made a shit-ton of bad calls in my day and, thankfully, learned from most of them.

Evaluate your possessions/stop putting things into storage. 
For me, if something’s out of my sight – stuffed in the back of a closet or in a dark corner of the basement, it effectively no longer exists. So, why keep it? Makes no sense. Marie Kondo is my new spirit guide.

Evaluate your friendships/relationships.
You can try to fix relationships that have gone badly off course (romantic and platonic) but :
  1. it takes two to tango
  2. know when to cut your losses.
If you can’t offload a person who’s consistently pissing you off or is dragging you on the regular, find a way to diplomatically, if at all possible, limit contact.

STOP multitasking. 
Sure, I CAN multitask BUT is it one of my smarter modes? Ah…no. The more balls I’ve got in the air, the more that will fall. 

Do one job/task at a time and do it well.

Be comfortable with doing nothing. 
I’ve got this one covered.

Figure out what is most important to you/what makes you happy and do more of it.
Painting, reading and just being with Ten. I may’ve already mentioned – me and him – we do nothing really well together

Don’t pick a fight with an old woman. If she’s too old to fight (that’d be me), she’ll just kill you. 
Aye yup!

No comments:

Post a Comment