Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2020

What's THIS Mean?

Got the results of my thoracic spine MRI. Ya know, that’s the section where I had surgery in mid November of 2018. My fab cutter, Doc Coumans, couldn’t get all the rat fucking meningioma bastids out and, naturaly, the remaing fuckers have chubbed up. 

I’m in no way surprised. Pissed, yes (at my treacherous, nasty bod). Shocked, nope.

The report came via Patients Gateway – all text/no visuals – just like my bean scan results. Once again I’m riding the WTF Mobile, wondering if more exquisitely painful spine surgery is in my near future along with another round of brain slice and dice. I NEED visuals with my text. It’s times like this that I RILLY miss sitting with Doc O, studying my scans together, being able to ask “what’s this and what does it ultimately mean?”

 
Jen’s gonna call Doc Plotkin this morning and see what he has to say. Meanwhile I’m sitting here googling a zillion terms like:
  • Punctate enhancing foci – isn’t that a type of flat bread cooked in the ashes of a wood burning hearth? Ah… no.
  • Ependymomas – a Mexican turnover, like a calzone, filled with a zillion veggies and queso fresco. Right? Wrong.
  • Kyphosis – I know this one! It’s a yogurt drink. Ah… think again little blue hen.
  • Vascularity – macho blood vessels?
  • Neural foramen – the manager of my personal AV system?
  • Dural based – Isn’t Dural a suburb of Sydney? So, something on my spine is clocking in remotely from Australia? Huh. Okay.
  • Lipid poor intraosseous hemangiomas – beats the ever-lovin’ fuck outta me.
  • Schmorl's nodes – someone please ring up Mr. Schmorl for me – I’ve got his nodes.
I HOPE Jen hears back from Plotkin today. Of course I do. Not knowing – waiting – is the hardest part of this accursed tumor shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment