Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Inside Action

As you may well already know, I’m not getting out much. Between Plague45 (440 new cases here in Massachusetts yesterday and 14 more dead) and my continuing struggles with spine surgery recovery, I’m seeing an awful lot of the inside of my wee cottage.

I AM continuing to improve a bit more everyday though. Fer instance, yesterday I was able to do three whole minutes on the elliptical (don’t laugh, this was significant!). Just legs for now – I can add arms in another few weeks. I also walked almost the whole way to the seawall and back. Did pain keep me from getting there? Nope. Ten and I hadn’t brought our masks and there were people sitting on the wall’s steps. 
 
Finding balance between doing too much, (and being in Pain City the next day), and too little, (making zero progress on Recovery Road), is a never ending battle for me. 
 
But you knew that.
 
I’m taking the day off from social media – too many idiots. I'll post a factual news story from reputable source and, invariably, some dude/dudette comes at me with “get your facts straight before you post!!!!” 
 
Clearly they didn’t bother to read my already posted article or they just don’t respect the source. In today’s case, I replied only with links to two more, different solid sources, which contained the same facts. His response? The expected bullshit “it wasn’t Trump who did that!” That earned him a trip to BLOCK Island.
  1. The depravity du jour was done by a person in the Trump administration so, YES, Treasonweasel is in fact responsible.
  2. If you’re going to attempt to argue with me, back up YOUR argument with reputable, fact-based sources. I’m not gonna just take you at your word. Also, your third uncle on your mother’s side’s Shoutyface post or YouTube diatribe does NOT count as a reputable, fact-based source. Just FY-fucking-I.

Some Cult45 rando is not worth the waste of my precious energy.

Meanwhile, some beauty. Ten went down to the seawall at dawn to capture the colors and clouds for me.