Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Pain

Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
~ William Goldman, William Goldman: Four Screenplays with Essays 

You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.
~ Jim Morrison

I’m in a lot of pain. When I first came home, the pain subsided. Now it’s back. This sucks. Big time. I don’t necessarily feel it all the time but, like those sneaky ass, laws-are-only-for-the-peasants, assholian republican shit-heels, it keeps reappearing.

Also, I keep having vivid dreams that I’m still in the hospital. So much so that I push shit off the bed thinking it’s the hospital bed-table getting in my way. I scatter my box of glasses, eye ointment, books and more all over the floor. At 2AM it’s not amusing.

Warriors should suffer their pain silently.
~ Erin Hunter, Into the Wild

Yeah, fuck that shit with a rusty spork. I’m suffering and I’m gonna bitch about it. It’s my Bast given right fer fucks sake. You don’t like it, you can stop reading now. Also too, YOU have thoracic spine surgery, come out with a scar the length of Route 66 and see how YOU feel.

“It doesn't get better," I said. "The pain. The wounds scab over and you don't always feel like a knife is slashing through you. But when you least expect it, the pain flashes to remind you you'll never be the same.”
~ Katie McGarry,
Pushing the Limits

I think about the meaning of pain. Pain is personal. It really belongs to the one feeling it. Probably the only thing that is your own. I like mine.
~ Henry Rollins

I don’t particularly care for mine. Someone please pass the extra strength heroin please.

No comments:

Post a Comment