Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2022

This and That

The setting moon

Saw this question on the bird app the other day: Would you date someone who was 20 years younger than you?

1) Why would I date anyone? I have Ten for fuck’s sake!
2) I’m kinda busy with battling Nf2 right now—too busy to be thinking about dates.
3) IF I wasn’t otherwise ocupado, would I? Doubtful.

Someone who’s 20 years younger than me would be 44–not exactly a kid. Still, I just can’t feature it. What could we possibly have in common? Someone who’s 44 would have been born in 1978. I was a college sophomore then. It was eight years after I’d smoked pot for the first time and seven years past the first and only time I’d dropped acid. Hells bells, in the year of this impossibly unlikely beau’s birth, I joined up with a carnival. Before the young swain entered preschool I’d had my first brain surgery and been dumped, like some common Gingrich wife, while still in hospital.

I lived seven different lives before this fictional dude’s balls dropped. Common ground is certainly possible but why not just be chums? Oh sure, if he looks like Jason Momoa and has the life experience and duende of a TAB or a Ten packed into his soul, yeah, I'd consider "dating" a significantly younger dude.

But hey! I've already got Ten right here at home, thenkyewveddymuch.
~~~
Choose your leaders
with wisdom and forethought.
To be led by a coward
is to be controlled
by all that the coward fears.
To be led by a fool
is to be led
by the opportunists
who control the fool.
To be led by a thief
is to offer up
your most precious treasures
to be stolen.
To be led by a liar
is to ask
to be told lies.
To be led by a tyrant
is to sell yourself
and those you love
into slavery.

~ Octavia E. Butler, Parable of the Talents (Earthseed, #2)
~~~
To say that the Twatzilla from Wasilla is a sore loser and not especially bright is an understatement to say the absolute least. Her and her tangerine hued, micro dicked buddy are two of a kind. Anything that doesn’t go their way or exposes their true oleaginous criminal ways is FRAUD. Neither will let reality get in the way of fleecing the marks.
~~~
Have you seen South Sudanese photographer Atong Atem’s work? I’m especially inspired and captivated by her amazing self-portraits.
~~~
Do you know about Sandy Skoglund? She’s an absolutely wild photographer and installation artist. Check out Radiation Cats, Fox Games and her series True Fiction Two.
~~~
Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.

~ Langston Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment