Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Bday Blues

Halloween Chuck
Not my birthday, mind you. Today is Daddy’s 84th birthday and I can’t go see him. He lives in a nursing home that’s over 500 miles away. Not only is travel totally UNrecommended, the home has been shut to all visitors since mid-March. Even if I could get there, I’d only be able to wave at him through his window.

Sure there’s FaceTime and Zoom BUT, Pop’s pretty frail now, unable to hook himself in. Also, I’ve been told, the caregivers are not at all tech savvy and wouldn’t be able to assist. *sigh*

Due to my own brain bullshit, I haven’t seen the old man since the end of October – Halloween. This blows!

I’m now three months post surgery and seizures and, on the main, doing MUCH better. Granted, I was coming back from a deep, dark pit of awful.


Since the Y, and their Spaulding Rehab office, shut in mid-March I’ve been fairly consistent with my at home, on my own PT exercising. Cold, blustery weather has limited my walkies BUT I am able to do a full mile without rest stops now. Yea me.

Ten and I motored down to Nantasket the other day. It was chilly – we figured the place would be empty. I’d hoped for a nice, easy, long, people-free beach walk. Alas, it was not to be. Parking was totally barricaded. OF COURSE IT WAS – Trump Plague and all!


Today is sunny and temps are supposed to hit 60ยบ!!! I’m feeling well enough that I’d love to try hiking the Skyline Trail BUT the Blue Hills Reservation is closed – roads in are fenced off. I know that hikers, specifically for this trail, are parking in lots nearby and walking in. I thought about it but there’s no way to keep a few meters distance on the slender trail. I can’t and won’t risk it.

The spectacularly dimwitted social distancing protesters, fired up by the Odious Orange Grifter in Chief are sick of bars, restaurants, movie theaters, malls etc. being closed. HEY, me too BUT I also wanna live a long-ass life. These blockheaded buffoons (Prez Stupid TOTALLY included) obvs consider themselves invincible and have less compassion and smarts than a bad case of ringworm.

WHAT a bunch of deeply spoiled, filthy and barely sentient wankpuffins. I hope they all reap just what they're sowing.


Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ~ Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment