Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Restless in Valhalla

I'm impatient for a whole lot of things besides the end of 45's reign of error and terror.

Fer instance, once again, in my infernal desire to speed this recovery WAY the fuck up, I did too much yesterday – more PT exercises than I should’ve attempted. I gadded about the house (which, remember now, is a wee cottage so this TOTALLY should've been AOK) far too much. Apparently, me and sitting still aren’t exactly simpatico. (I know…yur stunned)

So then, today I will need to take shit slow but steady (like I have any other choice). Reduce and space out my PT regimen, keep in mind that going up and down the stairs, in my current state, actually counts as exercise as does going up from a sitting to standing position.

Hells bells, the only thing that doesn't count as PT exercise is laying flat on my back in bed. Fuck me, this ain't easy

You're trying to eat grass that isn't there. Why don't you give it a chance to grow?
~ Richard Adams, Watership Down

Yeah, the muscles are still knitting back together. They aren't there YET.

And no matter how eager you are for it, you cannot make the moon set nor rise any faster.
~ Holly Black, The Cruel Prince

Dammit.
Patience and Impatience are having tea discussing Time. The conversation goes on endlessly.
~ Natasha Tsakos

Don't you get too greedy, Death. You already have taken more than your fair share today. You can't have me yet.
~ Stacey Lee, Outrun the Moon

You're enough to try the patience of an oyster!
~ Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass 
 
Yes. True. I am. Jen and Ten can testify to this.

Create hell and people will be impatient to get there, just out of curiosity.
~ Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom

I was not born to wait.
~ Gwenda Bond, Double Down

YES! THIS!

And , as the fab  and gone WAY too soon Carrie Fisher has said:
 Instant gratification takes too long.
Yeah, tell it sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment