Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2022

Stormy Weather

Knowing that today would be windy as fuck (gusts up to 60 mph—yeah, there’ll be NO walkies in this shit), I made a solid effort to get over my lorazepam hangover. Ya know, get up,  get outta bed, shower and go for a walk while it was nice and calm outside. I managed to rise from bed, pick out adorbs walking togs, shower and…well, that’s it. Post rain room I put jammies back on and returned to the rack to read.

I was able to dispense with my ever present you’re not doing enough rehabbing (!!!) guilt too. Okay…mostly. It’s important for me to remember that I don’t have to do a full-ass workout seven out of seven days a week. I’d surely like to but rest is a good thing too. Plus, taking a day or two off each week means that I don’t burn myself out (which I’ve done more often than I’ll ever admit).

So, today and tomorrow while the winds are high enough to send me sailing over the seawall, I’ll elliptical, climb the stairs a dozen times, walk laps of the first floor with a cane/no walker and do some balance shit (like standing up whilst folding laundry). It’s easy to forget that there’s much that I can do indoors.

Hold tightWait 'til the party's overHold tightWe're in for nasty weatherThere has got to be a wayBurning down the house
 
Don't know why
There's no sun up in the skyStormy WeatherSince my gal and I ain't togetherKeeps raining all the timeLife is bareGloom and misery everywhereStormy Weather
~ Composed by Harold Arlen and lyricist Ted Koehler, performed by Ethel Waters
 
Here comes the rain againFalling on my head like a memoryFalling on my head like a new emotionI want to walk in the open windI want to talk like lovers doWant to dive into your oceanIs it raining with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment