Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

It's a New Year

2018 was a year of rants and time spent in MGH and Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary’s generally gentle embrace. In short, NOT one of my easier years but we pushed on, humor (and kvetchiness), generally, well in hand.

My fabola cousin Della, her son Logan and my other cousin cousin Cheryl visited.in January!

In February, after baby’s first cataract surgery, I had a scary allergic reaction to one of the post-procedure, shoulda-been-a-nothing-burger meds. Lemme just tell you wut – there is a Grand Canyon-esque size difference in the quality of care in Mass Eye and Ear and MGH’s ER staff. I’m not an ER addict by any means but, I’ll take MGH over MEEI EVERY DAMN TIME.

March brought a flood. Valhalla’s peninsula home became an island. Gee, that was fun (NOT!).

In April I pondered the art of the insult.. Though it's satisfying as hell, I want to avoid the cheap dick and/or twat crack. I don’t often succeed.

In May I bemoaned the clear and awful absence of Star Trekkian travel technologyy and grappled with general life crap. 

In June I raged and ranted about our criminally, insanely sadistic government’s cruelty

But, I guess I do that every month.

In mid-July I spent a day in MGH’s ER department. Ya know what I TOTALLY don’t understand? WHY they won’t allow Coco to come in with me. Seems like a smart move, ya know? Let the cat in and the scared and angry impatient patient shuts up!

That month also saw another round of cataract surgery. WHEEEEEEE!

In August I was itching with intense eagerness, waiting for the upcoming Blue Wave to crash over my sad, utterly fucked up, assholically helmed country. Also too, I got significantly, all of a sudden-like, older.

In September me and the MOST FAB Thomas Ten Bears met LIVE and IN PERSON and everything! He took me on a tour of his high desert Oregon home – it was, alternately, The Slack-Jaw Tour and The Blow Donna's Mind Tour. I was stunned and thrilled to find out that, after my beautiful TAB shuffled off this mortal coil, my life held a second act.

In October I had yet another little eye procedure. “Procedure” – much less scary than calling it surgery, right? My dreaming bean was not, however, calmed by my choice of words.

In November I had big, motherfucking spine surgery with Jen questblogging commentary and the results  Naturally, I got in one or two posts – observations and kvetches – about, amongst other things, those nasty-ass wolverines who ALWAYS stop in post surgery.

In December I praised heroes and angels – personal and otherwise. AND came up with a MUCH more useful and to the point pain scale which, I do deeply believe, MGH should start using STAT!

Also, I got one hell of an awesome Christmas prezzie!

So, that was the year that wuz.

Happy Fucking New Year to every last one of yuz!
Just in case you need one!

No comments:

Post a Comment